Ms. Brown is a partner with the firm, focusing on complex class action litigation. She has extensive experience with all aspects of litigation, has tried class action cases, and is involved in the firm’s appellate practice.
Ms. Brown’s entire career has focused exclusively on litigating complex class actions on behalf of consumers and small businesses related to false advertising, consumer privacy, financial and consumer fraud, and product and car safety. Ms. Brown has served as court-appointed Class Counsel in numerous cases that have resulted in significant financial awards to class members and important changes to the defendant’s business practices. Ms. Brown also has represented municipalities in pursuing enforcement actions under California’s unfair competition law. Prior to joining Blood Hurst & O’Reardon in 2011, she was an associate at the law firm now known as Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, LLC. While there, she represented plaintiffs in a number of complex consumer and antitrust class action litigation matters involving product safety claims, price fixing and monopoly claims, race discrimination, and false and deceptive advertising.
- California Western School of Law, cum laude, J.D. (2007)
- Member, California Western Law Review
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Science in Political Science (2004)
Some of the lawsuit Ms. Brown has prosecuted:
- Huntzinger v. Aqua Lung America, Inc. et al., (S.D. Cal.) (multi-state product safety defect case)
- The People of the State of California v. Experian Data Corp. et al., (San Diego Superior Court) (representing San Diego City Attorney in data breach notification case)
- Sonner v. Schwabe North America, Inc. (C.D. Cal.) (false advertising)
- Warner v. Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (C.D. Cal.) (nationwide vehicle defect case)
- In re Johnson Talcum Powder Products Marketing, Sales Practices & Products Liability Litigation (D.N.J.) (nationwide false advertising and product safety case)
- Serochi v. Bosa Dev. (San Diego Superior Court) (real estate misrepresentations case)
- Hawaii Homeowners Association Foreclosure cases (D. Haw./Haw. State court) (illegal foreclosures)
- Cohen v. Subaru (D.N.J.) (vehicle defect case)
- Xu v. Porsche Cars North America Inc. (D. Ga.) (vehicle defect case)
- Dennis v. Kellogg Co. (C.D. Cal.) (nationwide false advertising)
- In re Skechers Toning Shoes Prods. Litig. (W.D. Ky.) (nationwide false advertising)
- In re Reebok Easytone Shoes Prods. Litig. (D. Mass.) (nationwide false advertising)
- Dremak v. Urban Outfitters, Inc., (San Diego Superior Court) (consumer privacy)
- In re Sony Gaming Networks and Customer Data Sec. Breach Litig. (S.D. Cal.) (consumer privacy)
- In re Hydroxycut Mkt. and Sales Practices Litig. (S.D. Cal.) (false advertising)
- In re Apple iPod iTunes Antitrust Litig. (N.D. Cal.) (monopoly claims)
- In re Mattel, Inc. [Toy Lead Paint Prods. Liab. Litig.] (C.D. Cal.) (nationwide sale of defective product)
- In re Aftermarket Auto. Lighting Prods. Antitrust Litig. (C.D. Cal.) (price fixing)
- Payares v. JP Morgan Chase & Co. (C.D. Cal. (race discrimination)
Leadership, Membership & Honors
Ms. Brown is a sitting member of the Board of Directors of Consumer Attorneys of San Diego and chairs CASD’s government relations committee. She also has been a member of the Board of Directors of Consumer Attorneys of California since 2018. She is also an active member of the Welsh Inn of Court, the American Association of Justice, and Women in E-Discovery. In 2015, 2016, and 2017, Ms. Brown was named a “Super Lawyers Rising Star,” a designation provided to fewer than 2.5 percent of lawyers in California.
Ms. Brown has authored articles for the American Bar Association and has been an invited guest to speak on topics including e-discovery and class action litigation. While at California Western, Ms. Brown was a member of the California Western Law Review and authored Parent-Child Relationship Trumps Biology: California’s Definition of Parent in the Context of Same-Sex Relationships , 43 Cal. W. L. Rev. 235 (2006).
Ms. Brown is admitted to practice in the state of California, as well as the United States Courts of Appeal for the Eighth and Ninth Circuits, and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California and the Northern District of Illinois.