Ms. Brown is a partner with the firm, focusing on complex class action litigation. She has tried class action cases and is involved in the firm’s appellate practice.
Ms. Brown’s career has focused exclusively on litigating complex class actions in federal and state courts nationwide on behalf of plaintiffs. She has extensive experience with all aspects of litigation, has tried class actions, and is part of the firm’s appellate practice group. Prior to joining Blood Hurst & O’Reardon in 2011, Ms. Brown was an associate at the firm now known as Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, LLP. While there, she represented plaintiffs in a number of complex consumer and antitrust class action litigation matters involving product safety claims, price fixing and monopoly claims, race discrimination, and false and deceptive advertising practices.
- California Western School of Law, cum laude, J.D. (2007)
- Member, California Western Law Review
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Science in Political Science (2004)
Some of the lawsuits Ms. Brown has prosecuted:
- Huntzinger v. Aqua Lung America, Inc. et al. (S.D. Cal.) (multi-state product safety defect case)
- Patton v. Experian Data Corp. et al. (C.D. Cal.) (data breach notification case)
- The People of the State of California v. Experian Data Corp. et al. (San Diego Superior Court) (representing San Diego City Attorney in data breach notification case)
- Warner v. Toyota Motors Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (C.D. Cal.) (nationwide vehicle defect case)
- In re Johnson Talcum Powder Products Marketing, Sales Practices & Products Liability Litigation (D.N.J.) (nationwide false advertising case)
- Serochi v. Bosa Dev. (Cal. Super. Ct., San Diego Cnty.), (misrepresentations case)
- Dennis v. Kellogg Co. (nationwide false advertising)
- In re Skechers Toning Shoes Prods. Liab. Litig. (W.D. Ky.) (nationwide false advertising)
- In re Reebok Easytone Litig. (D. Mass.) (nationwide false advertising)
- Dremak v. Urban Outfitters, Inc. (Cal. Super. Ct., Los Angeles Cnty.) (consumer privacy)
- In re Sony Gaming Networks and Customer Data Sec. Breach Litig. (S.D. Cal.) (consumer privacy)
- In re Hydroxycut Mkt. and Sales Practices Litig. (S.D. Cal.) (false advertising)
- In re Apple iPod iTunes Antitrust Litig. (N.D. Cal.) (monopoly claims)
- In re Mattel, Inc. [Toy Lead Paint Prods. Liab. Litig.] (C.D. Cal.) (nationwide sale of defective product)
- In re Aftermarket Auto. Lighting Prods. Antitrust Litig. (C.D. Cal.) (price fixing); Payares v. JP Morgan Chase & Co. (C.D. Cal.) (price fixing case)
Leadership, Membership & Honors
Ms. Brown is an active member of the Welsh American Inn of Court, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Consumer Attorneys of California, the American Association of Justice, the American Bar Association, and Women in E-Discovery. Ms. Brown is also a 2018-2019 member of the board of governors of the Consumer Attorneys of California. In 2015, 2016, and 2017, Ms. Brown was named a “Super Lawyers Rising Star,” a designation provided to fewer than 2.5 percent of lawyers in California.
Ms. Brown has authored articles for the American Bar Association and has been an invited speaker on topics including e-discovery and class action litigation. While at California Western, Ms. Brown was a member of the California Western Law Review and authored Parent-Child Relationship Trumps Biology: California’s Definition of Parent in the Context of Same-Sex Relationships, 43 Cal. W. L. Rev. 235 (2006).
Ms. Brown is admitted to practice in the state of California, as well as the United States Courts of Appeal for the Eighth and Ninth Circuits, and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California and the Northern District of Illinois.