Ms. MacPherson is of counsel with the firm. Her practice focuses on consumer protection class actions.
For more than a decade
During this time she has actively litigated complex class action litigation matters involving:
- False and deceptive advertising by one of the nation’s largest retail mall chains for selling gift cards subject to a monthly service fee in violation of state law;
- Truth in lending claims against a national bank for suspending borrower’s home equity lines of credit;
- Breach of contract claims against national lenders for failing to modify borrower’s home loans after successful completion of a trial period plan;
- Product defect claims against the world’s largest manufacturers of laptops and cell phones;
- RICO claims against the nation’s largest health insurance companies for denying, delaying and reducing payments to health care providers nationwide;
- Privacy claims against national pharmacies for allegedly using prescription information to conduct targeted marketing campaigns on behalf of drug companies;
- Data breach lawsuits against national banks and retailers for failing to properly safeguard consumer’s personal information.
- University of San Diego, L.L.M. in Tax, J.D. (1997)
- Clerk, Honorable Walter S. Kirimitsu (Ret.), Hawaii Intermediate Court of Appeals
- Research Assistant, Professor C. Hugh Friedman
- University of Hawaii, Bachelor of Arts in International Business and Marketing (1994)
Some of the cases Ms. MacPherson has worked on include:
- Solomon v. Anthem, Inc. (S.D. Fla.)
- In re Sony VAIO Comput. Notebook Trackpad Litig. (S.D. Cal.)
- Horvath v. LG Elecs. MobileComm U.S.A., Inc., (S.D. Cal.)
- Kazemi v. Westfield Am., Inc. (Cal. Super. Ct., Los Angeles Cnty.)
- Frost v. LG Elecs. Mobilecomm U.S.A., Inc. (Cal. Super. Ct., Los Angeles Cnty.)
- Shamrell v. Apple, Inc. (Cal. Super. Ct., Los Angeles Cnty.)
Leadership, Membership & Honors
Ms. MacPherson is a member of the California Bar and is licensed to practice before the United States District Courts for the Central, Southern and Northern Districts of California. She is a member of Consumer Attorneys of California, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego and the American Association of Justice.